Friday, February 20, 2015

Mama!

Gemma has been babbling for quite a while now. She loves the B sound and sometimes it even sounds like she's saying things. She's been mimicking the "I love you" sounds for months, and the other night I was standing in front of her holding her as she was sitting on the kitchen island. She kept pushing me away and I told her if she wasn't careful she would fall backwards and hit her head or fall forward and land on the floor. Jason said, "Say 'I will go backwards, Mommy" and she immediately made the sounds "Ah wiiiii go ba." It sounded so much like "I will go back" that we just looked at each other and laughed. Because we know it wasn't real.

But last night we had some family over and she was in her high chair while we were eating. I put the kids to bed and came back down for her since she had started to cry. She looked right up at me, raised her arms to reach for me and said, "Maaaaa-ma." I might have convinced myself that I imagined it if it wasn't for the three other adults in the room who immediately reacted, repeating, "Mama".

I asked them if that was definitely what she said, and they confirmed it! I just picked her up and hugged her so tightly!

Kyran's first word was "hi" at 7 months and Karyssa's was "Bella" at 10 months. I'm so excited that Gemma said "mama" first!

Now to work on the "d" sound...

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX