Monday, September 14, 2015

15 Months!

I have been so horribly slack with this blog, but I do have a reason. My computer has stopped recognizing my phone's photos. I hate to blog without posting photos, but now I have to upload them on the laptop, then get them onto this computer. I know, I'm slack...

Anyway, Gemma had her 15-month check-up today and it went very well! Here are her measurements:

Weight: 17 lb, 8 oz (5%)
Height: 28.5 inches (2%)
Head: 44cm (10%)

Somehow, Gemma weighs less at 15 months than Karyssa did, and she's one inch taller! She's also 1/2 inch taller than Kyran was, but her head is smaller than both of theirs were.

Dr. B is happy with her physical development. Her walking has picked up, and she can now stand herself up and squat without falling. She still prefers crawling, though, probably because she's so fast! Her fine motor skills are great and she wants to climb on everything now. She has figured out how to climb up on the kids' desk chairs, onto the desk tops and then over the arm of the couch. She also moves Karyssa's stool so that she can use it to climb on the table.

Her bottom 15-month molars are in and she said the top ones are red and will probably be breaking through soon! No wonder she's been a little fussy recently! 

As for verbal, when I told Dr. B. what she Gemma is saying, she gave me a list of two-year-old things to look out for and Gemma is already meeting a few! She has 30+ words (I've lost count), 2+ 2-word phrases and knows 4+ body parts! She says "Go Gamecocks", "more blueberries", and one or two more phrases that I haven't written down. She can point on command to her eyes, nose, mouth, ears, head and belly button! Here is a list of the words that I've remembered to write down, although it is not an inclusive list:

Mama
Dada
Ball
Bella
More
Bye Bye (with finger wave)
Ruf Ruf (although now she pants when you ask her what a dog says)
Night-night
Ha ha (monkey sound)
Bath (6/7)
Hi (with side-to-side wave) (6/10)
Basket (8/12)
Monkey
Magnet (8/10)
Blueberries
Baaaaa (sheep sound)
Mickey
Book
Again (8/16)
Duck
Doc (the dwarf, whom she can pick out of a dwarf lineup. She also sneezes when she sees sneezy - ah-tu, so cute!!)
KK (Kahlan)
Hello (when answering the "phone". It sounds like "hewooooow" So adorable!!)
Eat (8/28)
Hungry
Football (8/31)
Go Gamecocks (when anyone says Gamecocks)
Cocky
Paci
Earring
Eye
One (while holding up on finger in response to "how old are you?")
Flower (9/7)
Cheese stick
Please (with sign)

As I said, I know I'm missing a ton, but these are the ones that she uses most (along with the dates of when she first started using them). These are words that she uses in context, not just repeats.

Looking back at the blog, at this age we called Kyran Mr. Mimic, because he would repeat everything we said. She is like that too! Some words stick in her vocabulary, and some haven't made it yet, but we are amazed by her progress!

Dr. B said she is perfect and we agree!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX