Friday, August 11, 2017

Magic Kingdom Day 1

After our full day at Epcot, we slept very well and headed into Magic Kingdom the next day.

Waiting at the bus stop. She was so excited!

We tried to get her first view of the castle, but it was too crowded and she couldn't see!


We rode the carousel first, before getting to our fast pass at Peter Pan's Flight. I was able to ride that with Gemma and she was so excited!







After that, we headed to my favorite, Enchanted Tales with Belle! Just like last time, this one did not disappoint! Karyssa and Kyran were both chosen to be in the show, Kyran as Maurice and Karyssa as Chip. Kyran gave a great performance, and even ad libbed a little. Karyssa was the perfect bouncy Chip!












At the end of the show, the kids did their processional around the room and Belle grabbed Gemma's hand so that they could lead it together! Gemma was in awe, and looked so proud to stand up front with Belle while they were doing all of the character introductions. 








At the end, Gemma was more interested in the bookmark than she was with Belle!



Then, we headed to ride a few more rides including the teapots (Kyran tried to make me sick!), Dumbo's Flying Elephants, Gemma's first roller coaster, The Barnstormer (which she loved, and Karyssa was brave enough to ride alone!), Ariel's Journey, and It's a Small World. 








It's A Small World recognized Karyssa and Jason from their Magic Bands, apparently! Kinda cool and creepy!


During the heat of the day, we ate lunch then went and stood inside (for quite a while) in line to meet Tiana and Rapunzel, who we hadn't met the day before. The princesses were lovely, but we didn't get any good smiling photos of Gemma with Tiana, because when I tried to get her to smile, the photographer yelled at me. I did report him, but it didn't give us any better photos. 













All day long, Gemma talked about wanting to ride the Magic Carpets and "turn into Jasmine." While she didn't turn into Jasmine, right after we got off of them, we got to meet her, and Aladdin! 




I had never met these two before, but they have been my favorites for 20+ years! When Jasmine first walked up, she looked at the kids, looked at me and said, "These were your three wishes, weren't they?" If she only knew how right she was!



I'm not exactly sure how the topic came up, but either Kyran or Karyssa told Aladdin about Karyssa's burping talent. When he asked to hear, he got an earful. I'm not sure he ever heard that sound come out of a beautiful little princess before!







Of course, I had to get in one too!


It rained after that, so we headed back to the bus to get back to the room and eat. We saw a beautiful double rainbow!


Later that night, Jackie and I headed back to take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours. We rode the Dwarfs' Minetrain and got dessert. Mine was a white chocolate-covered rice krispy treat and cake pop. One of the best things I've ever eaten!





No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX