Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Silver Linings

I have great kids.

No really, I do.

I've spent almost every minute of the past seven weeks with them and I still think they're great.

And I'm so grateful.

I don't know how they're going to turn out.

I just know that right now, these three are some of my favorite people in the whole world.

Do they fight? Yes.

Do they forget to do things I've asked? Yes.

Do I sometimes yell at them. Yes. Yes. Yes.

But do they support each other? Yes.

Do they apologize when they've done something wrong? Yes.

Do they tell funny jokes? Yes.

Do they talk to me about how they're feeling? Yes.

Do they ask me about how I'm feeling? Yes.

Do I love spending all of this time with them? Yes. Yes. A million times, yes.

They are my silver linings in this crazy time.

They are really the perfect ages to be quarantined with right now.

No one is in diapers and no one has a (terrible) teenage angst attitude.

They're old enough to play games and young enough to think it's cool to play games with us.

They still love to cuddle on the couch or at bedtime.

They can make the best of any situation.

I love them with all my heart.

I have really great kids.

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX