Thursday, September 5, 2024

Three Years

 It's hard to believe how fast three years have gone by. We now have two teenagers and a tween, a three-year-old dog, our third Betta fish, have completed a second addition to our home, and said hello and goodbye to our second foster son, who was with us for a year and a half. 

Covid is still around, but cases are mostly mild now. For the most part, we're back to worrying about "normal" things like school dances, our current musicals, and making time for each other despite our crazy schedules.

The house feels very empty without the kids around during the day (I actually loved the time with them during the pandemic), but once I pick them up, we go, go, go until bedtime usually. All three kids haven't done a show together in over a year, so we're typically in many different directions but try to find time to eat dinner as a family as often as we can. 

In the past five months the kids have taken their first flight (California) and first cruise (Cozumel). Both trips were amazing. My plan is to start posting again more regularly and to fill in details on these soon. 

Kyran and Karyssa have had their permits since their birthday, but we were "fired" from teaching them, so my dad has taken that on. 

Gemma is in her last year of elementary school, which is so hard to believe. After 11 years, we will walk out of the doors of her school with a student for the last time. 

In the same amount of time since my last post, we will have two high school graduates. This is even harder to believe. We get mailers from colleges almost every day and they are thinking a lot about where they want to go and what they want to study. How are my 2 lb, 11 oz and 3 lb, 4 oz preemies so close to this point already?

Jason has changed positions again, but had his 11-year anniversary at First Citizens in June. I am still working from home, but less than I did before Covid. 

I think I touched on all of the major updates and will hopefully be posting more frequently to fill in what I've missed and include some pictures!


No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX