Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Birthday Parties!

We have had a very busy spring with some great sadness, but many, many bright spots as well. I haven't felt much like writing recently, but I hope to post updates on some of the excitement that we've had in the next couple of weeks. Today, I'll start from most recent and then work backwards.

We've had two birthday parties recently: Marley and Kahlan's at Monkey Joe's, and Kyran and Karyssa's friend Emma's Monday night at Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza. Both were amazing!

The kids had not been to a Monkey Joe's since last summer, when Karyssa was able to do everything, but Kyran struggled a bit. Saturday, Kyran did need some help, but I was amazed at how much he can now do on his own. He is certainly a climber, and much to my chagrin, has absolutely no fear. I've thought this for a while, but it was definitely confirmed at the party. I was too busy holding my breath and trying not to jump in there with him, that I didn't get any pictures, but I did get a few while they were having cake and opening gifts. Kyran even got to meet Monkey Joe!

Birthday girls!

Cake, please!



Leo!

Opening the bags we got for them


Close up of the bags

Monday night, Jason had a meeting, so my mom and I took the kids to Emma's party. Since they had never been, I tried to describe Chuck E. Cheese's to them that day, but I didn't do it justice. They were blown away! They rode rides, played games and crawled in the play area on the ceiling! They ate pizza and cake (very neatly to my delight) and watched the Chuck E. Cheese band play. They didn't want to get too close to Chuck E. Cheese, but they did sit on the stage by the big female bird (I'm not sure of her name) for long enough to get a few pictures. While they were playing in the tunnels, I took our left over tokens and apparently set a high score on the Skee Ball machine. I got tons of tickets, and the kids walked out with a little soccer ball, some stickers and a couple of straws! They are already asking to go back!

Birthday girl!






Kyran's feet


Ready for roller coasters!






He's even riding like a jockey (or holding on for dear life)!

How could you not kiss that face???





Karyssa didn't care that she was the last one left, she wanted every last bite of her cake.






Thanks, Marley, KK, and Emma for such fun parties! This weekend, we have another first, a bowling party! I can't wait!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX