Don't laugh.
Today was the first time I've ever dropped my kids off and left them somewhere with people I don't know.
They were fine. I was a mess.
I did leave them at a lesson one time last month to order a cake for their half-birthday party. I know the teachers there very well by now though and I was only gone 20 minutes.
Today, it's for three hours.
Today was their first day of Vacation Bible School. I know a few of the people who are volunteering and the kids know several other kids who are there.
I was still a mess.
They walked right in, sat down and started talking to the other kids in their group.
I got back to the car, sat down and cried.
For those of you who dropped off your 6- or 12-week-olds at daycare, I don't know how you did it. You are stronger than I am.
I leave to go pick them up in a few minutes, and I know that they will have had a blast. I'm constantly checking the schedule to see what they're doing. I can't wait to hear about their morning and all that they learned about Jesus.
I hope tomorrow is a little easier.
This morning, Karyssa asked me if I would miss her. I said of course I would miss her. She answered, "I'll miss you too, Mommy, but when I'm out there, you'll be in my heart."
Maybe I have an unnatural attachment to my kids. Some people think so. I think I love them. I think being away from them for the first 54 nights of their life may not have helped either.
It's weird being in this house without them. I can't imagine next year when they go to kindergarten.
I had the opportunity to volunteer to help, but if I had, it would have been more for me than for the VBS. I think it's good for me, and the kids, to have some time apart.
Especially after the week we just had. But I'll get to that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment