Each year, Jason comes down with us for a few days, then flies home while the kids and I have some quality time with my mom. Since Jason was leaving Wednesday, and our plans were through Sunday, that left me and the kids there, alone, for four days.
I was nervous. I don't like sleeping alone with the kids. (This comes from watching too many scary movies and from the fact that our house burned down in the middle of the night when I was 16.) I was also wondering how I would manage being at the pool with both of them, especially when one had to go potty and all three of us had to dry off to go inside, then reapply sunscreen, get back in the pool just in time for the other one to have to go (this did happen a few times).
Our place had a kitchen, but the stoves/ovens there don't work very well, so I was worried about what I would cook. I was able to get a good mix of microwave and crock pot meals (thank God for making me think to bring my crock pot).
We even got to do some outlet shopping, as usual, although it was a little harder to manage without Grandmommy there to entertain the kids. We did take a few breaks, though! I was also able to drive across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge to get there and back without freaking out.
We got some good beach time,
and spent lots of time in the pool!
And, most importantly, we got to see friends that I have known since I was born (or they were born, for a couple of them since they're younger than I am).
We took a while for the drive back, but for my first drive of over four hours with the kids, it went pretty well!
So, another first is in the books. My first (partial) vacation alone with the kids. It was a good experience for me, but I really hope it's not a frequent one!
We even got to do some outlet shopping, as usual, although it was a little harder to manage without Grandmommy there to entertain the kids. We did take a few breaks, though! I was also able to drive across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge to get there and back without freaking out.
Switch!
We got some good beach time,
Sand castle decorated with shells
So happy!
Sandy hair!
Splash!
Rinsing off
So gorgeous!
Sunset walk to the beach
Movie Star
They love each other so much!
The hair!!
Too cool!
and spent lots of time in the pool!
(Keep scrolling if you're squeamish.) So, one of the times he did this, Kyran came down and kicked Jason in the mouth, nearly putting his tooth through his lip. So, if it looks like Jason's lip is swollen in some of these pictures, it is. He's healed up nicely now, though!
Just chillin'
The first young boy Karyssa has said she's going to marry.
She said she was my "Polka-daughter"!
We had a nice dinner out.
Silly Karyssa!
This is how we roll...
And, most importantly, we got to see friends that I have known since I was born (or they were born, for a couple of them since they're younger than I am).
My mom's best friend, Barbara
The kids with Barbara and her husband, Terry
My friend (my mom's friend's youngest sister), Debbie
One of my mom's best friends, Greta, and her daughter, Kellie, who was one of my bridesmaids.
Kellie's daughter, Emma. Karyssa and Kyran and Emma have about the same age difference as Kellie and I do.
Kyran's masterpiece
We took a while for the drive back, but for my first drive of over four hours with the kids, it went pretty well!
So, another first is in the books. My first (partial) vacation alone with the kids. It was a good experience for me, but I really hope it's not a frequent one!








No comments:
Post a Comment