Friday, January 3, 2014

Player to be Named Later

35. Diabetic. History of preterm labor. Pregnant.

Elated.

Yes, we are expecting a sweet baby girl in June. 

I know, I should be scared. And I am...a little. But I have gotten a great peace about this pregnancy.

We are monitoring my diabetes very closely. I am having a cerclage put in soon, which should be 99% effective in letting me go full-term. I have gained 8 pounds so far. (By comparison, in the first trimester with Kyran and Karyssa I lost two pounds.)

We did a screen at 10 weeks, and found out at 12 weeks that there are no signs of any of the trisomies, and because the test took a full chromosome panel from me, that contains the baby's DNA, we are having a girl.

Kyran is still in denial about getting a sister. He says that we'll see it's a brother when it comes out. They are both thrilled though. Karyssa just loves talking to and kissing my belly. They are already talking about how they will help me when she arrives.

This was my family's reaction:

Say Talyse is pregnant! (Seriously, that's what Jason said and these are the pics that followed.)











Here was our official announcement:



And here are some belly pics:



I know they say you pop more with the second pregnancy, but wow!

Please pray for us during this pregnancy. On New Year's Eve, at 14.5 weeks, I was already at the halfway point of my pregnancy with Kyran and Karyssa. We are praying for at least 39 weeks this time. 

I want to thank those of you who are still reading this blog. I'm sorry I've been so slack recently, but I can promise lots of baby updates now. I also still owe you some Disney pictures! 


No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX