Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Four Months and Other Stuff

I am very late on reporting on Gemma's four-month appointment. But then again, I'm late for pretty much everything on here these days, so it's par for the course. At four months, Gemma is:

11 lb, 1 oz (8%)
22.88 in (9%)
39 cm head circumference (21%)

Yes, my babies always have big heads to accommodate their large brains! You may have noticed that her percentiles all dropped fairly significantly this time, so I am taking measures to increase my milk supply. Dr. B. doesn't seem worried yet, but said she doesn't want to see her drop off of the charts.

However as small as she is, I took this picture of her yesterday at 4.5 months, and compared it to a picture of Karyssa on her first birthday...in the same outfit! She's huge compared to my other two.



The nursery is almost finished, and once we get her crib mattress, she will most likely begin sleeping in there. We'll probably transition to naps first, then move to nighttime too. This will be the first time ever that one of my children has slept in a room alone. While Kyran and Karyssa haven't always slept in the same room, they've always been in a room with a cousin when they're not.

Gemma has now started rolling consistently from back to stomach, and has started sleeping on her stomach all of the time.





Sleeping just like Mommy!


 Her arm strength is improving, so I know she can lift her head if she needs to.


She is still just the happiest, calmest baby. She loves to smile and giggle. She only cries when she is gassy or has teething pain (we're expecting teeth within the next couple of months), or if she gets in an uncomfortable position. She also isn't crazy about sitting still in the car, which makes picking up the kids a lot of fun some days (thick sarcasm)!

She has also started getting her paci into her mouth on occasion and can now hold teething rings and shake rattles (the rattle happened just today!).

Right now, she has her second cold, an event that put me into a panic with my big kids that is barely on the radar for me now. She just has a little bit of a stuffed up nose, but it makes it hard for her to take her paci sometimes.

She still likes to cuddle occasionally, but really loves to look around. I think her eyesight is getting much clearer, because she seems to be able to see things a good distance away now.

She loves her daddy, brother and sister, but definitely seems to be a mommy's girl right now.



 I bought this outfit a week after I found out I was pregnant, because I had a very strong feeling that she was a girl. It says "Daddy is Under My Spell". Definitely looks that way!


I'm still trying to take in every minute with her. She is so sweet and so much fun!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX