Here are some of the differences:
1. At 19 months, Karyssa had just begun to walk the majority of the time. Kyran took his first steps at 19 months (but wasn't walking everywhere until he was 2).
2. While they were saying many of the same words and phrases, Kyran and Karyssa usually didn't finish the ending letter sounds.
3. They both had SO MUCH MORE HAIR than she has!
4. Their vocabulary was different because of the different season. So many of their words had to do with being outside or summer-type stuff. Gemma knows words like jacket and they knew words like swim.
5. They had each other as built-in playmates. While Gemma is friendly to other kids, she doesn't have the natural desire to play when she sees another child her age. Kyran and Karyssa always wanted to play with each other, and any other child their age they came in contact with. I sense some play dates for Gemma soon!
6. I think I danced and sang a lot more with the big kids. They knew so many more songs at the same age. That is something I need to fix!
7. Because I have the big kids to compare her to, Gemma seems so much younger to me than Kyran and Karyssa did at the same age. I look back at pictures and stories and remember thinking how old the kids were at 19 months. Now I mostly think how young Gemma is compared to them now.
And some similarities:
1. All three have LOVED books at this age, and repeatedly requested for me to read books to them.
2. They all had that same mischievous grin.
3. Karyssa and Gemma both love(d) to climb and want(ed) to do things for themselves.
4. So many of their words are the same, probably because those are the words I use the most.
5. They are/were very good eaters and sleepers.
6. While Kyran would NEVER waste food at that age, both Karyssa and Gemma like(d) to feed their unwanted food to Bella.
7. They all love(d) to honk noses!
8. They love(d) to play peek-a-boo!
9. They are/were very aware of when other people are hurt or sad and try to make them feel better.
I'm sure there are many more ways that they were alike and different, but those are the big ones that stand out to me. I love how I have three very unique children, but also how they are alike in many ways that really matter.
And some comparison photos:
With the same rocking "horse"!
My lap looks so empty with just Gemma!
Big smiles!!


No comments:
Post a Comment