We started the day by attempting to take advantage of the extra magic hours, but with 5 kids and 3 adults, that proved harder than it sounds. We did get to the entrance of Adventureland before they opened the doors, and were one of the first in line for Pirates of the Carribbean, then headed to the Jungle Cruise, neither of which had we gotten Fast Passes for, so the shorter lines were nice.
From there, we rode the Little Mermaid ride again, and then got to meet Gaston!
He wished her a happy birthday, then whispered how old he was to her.
The kids wanted her to tell them, but she wouldn't.
Finally, they guessed that he was 100, and he said he still looked better than everyone else. He was definitely one of the favorites!
Even I had to get in a picture!
After that, we headed to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Jason and I rode it with the big kids, while Jackie kept Gemma with hers at the playground nearby. Then Jackie took Eliott with Jason and Kyran, while I stayed at the playground with the girls.
I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see another mom behind me. She said that her daughter thought that Karyssa made such a beautiful Snow White, that she wanted her to have her Snow White Mickey ears. I was floored, and Karyssa thanked the little girl many times!
They certainly did look beautiful on her!
Next was Karyssa's favorite of the day, the Haunted Mansion. Eliza had made a friend on their last visit, so we were taken on a little shortcut, and we were given a free Fast Pass!
Our Fast Pass for the Seven Dwarf's Mine Train (which they were building on our last visit) was next, but the ride was out of order. (This later led to another extra Fast Pass!) Then we went to watch the stage show. There were so many of Gemma's favorites, and she just loved it!
After the show was Splash Mountain, one of my favorites that I wasn't able to ride last time because I was pregnant. I had forgotten how cute the ride was. This is another one that shows how much fun Kyran is having, but that Karyssa looks petrified. She loved it, though!
After Splash Mountain, it was time for lunch, and we met back up with Jackie and the kids, then headed to finally ride the Mine Train. Eliza isn't a big fan of that one, so Jackie took her and Gemma on Winnie the Pooh while we took Elliott to ride it. I had decided that the kids weren't ready for Space Mountain this time, but after they loved so many of the rides, including this one, I was convinced that we needed to ride it!
You can barely see Kyran behind the guy with the Mickey shirt, but he's having a blast.
Karyssa was even brave enough to hold her hands up, but she still looks terrified!
Waiting for Space Mountain. I think I was more nervous than they were.
They loved it, and I loved having little thrill junkies!
On our way to Space Mountain, the sky started getting dark, and we were definitely worried. When we came out, we saw that we were right to be. The sky had opened up and we had to walk to the boat that would take us to dinner in the rain. (Our shoes were wet two days later!)
The boat ride in itself was an experience, as we were the last ones in, trying to push Jackie's double stroller and our single stroller, which had been mostly saved by stroller covers.
Dinner at the Wilderness Lodge was wonderful. They lost the reservation for the Mickey cake Jackie had pre-ordered, but Gemma loved her makeshift Mickey cake just the same!
The restaurant was interactive and crazy, with "horse parades" for the kids and all of the men singing and acting out "I'm a Little Teapot". I did get this on video, but I'll spare Jason!
Dinner was amazing, but it did take a while and the kids were beat by the time we left. It had been a long time since I had two kids asleep on me, so I tried to soak it all up!
Here are a few other fun pictures of our wonderful day!















No comments:
Post a Comment