Sunday, October 23, 2011

Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time, there was a little boy named Kyran, and he was smart and handsome and his mommy loved him very much.

Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Karyssa, and she was smart and beautiful and her mommy loved her very much.

I've been telling these "stories" to my kids for about a year now and now they love to tell them to me!  The funny thing is when Kyran tells it, he tells Karyssa's story and Karyssa tells Kyran's story. 

(Forgive me if I've posted these before, but I don't think I have and wanted to have them recorded.)  We also sing little limericks that I made up for them, and usually they would rather sing about each other.  Please don't laugh at me!

There once was a boy named Kyran,
Whose smile was just so endearin'
When he went away,
I'd be sad all day,
But when he'd return, I'd be cheerin'!

There once was a girl named Karyssa
Who was just so sweet you could kiss her (leaving off the r sound)
When she was around,
I never would frown,
But when she was gone I would miss her (leaving off the r sound)!

Quite a while ago, we started playing another little game I invented that they love called "If Kyran/Karyssa were a ___________, s/he would say__________"
I'll sing the first part, and insert an animal, and then they say the noise.  For example: I say, "If Kyran were a monkey, he would say," and he says, "hoo hoo ha ha".  A lot of the time, I'll let them choose what animal they want to be too. 

One other ridiculous song I've made up is the "Silly Monkey" song.  It simply says, "Kyran's a silly monkey boy. Kyran's a silly monkey boy.  Hoo hoo, ha ha, silly monkey boy."  If we were singing about Karyssa, we of course would sing "silly monkey girl".  Then we would fill in everyone else's names, and they had to figure out if we were singing about a boy or a girl.  I think this really helped them with recognizing genders. 

Yes, I'm silly, but the kids love it, and we have so much fun together! 

Here are some pictures of the kids from the last month or so.  (I always write the post earlier, but since our internet is so slow, it takes two days to upload the pictures.  Sorry I'm so far behind).


As silly as her mommy!

Spending time with Baby Blythe!

The letter "snakes" that Kyran made

Playing outside

Playing inside...Karyssa is "feeding" Kyran a bottle.

More outside playtime



Sliding down the hill



My beautiful girl!

Playdate at the zoo with our triplet friends!


Earlier this year, they wouldn't go near the giraffes, now they love feeding them!




At the zoo's pumpkin patch!

Playtime with Riley




Another zoo trip!

Playing at Edventure!




My little man walks better and better every day!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX