Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Forget Me Nots

Here are a few more of the cute things that our kids have done/are doing recently!

1.  Karyssa has a good handle on her emotions and other feelings.  She can very accurately tell me when she is happy, mad, sad, or sick.  It is usually accompanied with a great facial expression or voice inflection.  "I'm happy" is said with a smile, in a higher-pitched voice.  "I'm mad" is said with a growl and a scowl on her face.  Sad and sick have the same pitiful voice and pout on her face. 

2.  Kyran, already a little man, has mastered two feelings: hungry and sick.  Isn't that like all men? 

3.  They love to talk, and will repeat anything we ask them to, pretty perfectly.  But, if they hear something on TV, or Jason and I talking to each other, that they don't recognize, they will whisper it quietly to themselves before saying it out loud.  I think this "practicing" is so adorable! 

4.  The other day, Kyran crossed his fingers and said, "It looks like an X, Mommy!".  We proceeded to go through every letter I could figure out how to make with my fingers (not sign language, just trying to form the letters), and he recognized every one.  A-maz-ing!!

5.  Jason took Karyssa to the store for some daddy-daughter time the other day, and bought her some flowers.  We put them in a vase on our kitchen table, and she would always look at them and want to smell them.  At lunch one day last week, she turned to Kyran and said, "You can marry me, Kyran, and then I will get my pretty flowers.  Is that cool?".  So sweet and funny!

Last week, we had Riley over for two days!  Here are some pictures from the second day!









 Saturday, we went to our State Fair and had a blast! 

The Gothard Sisters, or as Kyran now calls them, the "pretty ladies". So much beauty and talent in one family!

Kyran with McGruff the Crime Dog...Karyssa gave him a high five, but wouldn't get any closer.

The amazing sand sculpture of our state house.  Wow!!!

Also, congratulations to my cousin, Rachel, whose daughter, Rylee McKayden was born last Tuesday, October 18!  We can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX