Friday, February 17, 2012

Out and About

Our family seems to be settling in with Isabella around during the day. The kids love her. The dog loves to lick her. I just love everything about her. The only part I wasn't sure of when thinking about having another baby in the house was getting out and about.

It has really just been the past six months that I have felt free to take the kids just about anywhere. Usually, we don't even break the stroller out anymore. They walk and run, they can get into the car and climb in their seats by themselves, and they listen pretty well. Throw in a baby in an infant carrier and my mind was spinning for a little while. As it turns out, so far, it has been a lot easier than I expected.

Yesterday, I put the kids in the car and drove 10 minutes down the road to meet someone and pick something up. I just got them in the car at home, and then back out of the car at home. Pretty easy, except I realized how hard it is to get a baby carrier all the way to the back of the van.

Today, our twins club had a play date at the zoo, and it was a beautiful day, so we decided to go. This time, I opened the back and put the baby carrier in over the back seat. Much easier. Getting it out was a little harder, but not too bad. Her carrier fits perfectly in our double stroller and the kids were happy to run around with the other kids. Kyran did ride a little in the front, but Karyssa was perfect and held on to the stroller while we walked around. It did help that I had friends there who could stand with the baby while I rounded up my kids.

She slept for a little while, and I was even able to feed her while we were there. She slept the whole way home, and my kids almost fell asleep as well. Overall, it was a fun and uneventful day, and I feel a lot more confident about taking the three of them out and about!

Two quick things: Happy birthday to G.G. and Happy 31 Weeks to Jackie and her babies!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX