Grandma,
There
are a million things I’ve always wanted to tell you. I figured now was as good a time as any to
start.
First
of all, I want you to know how much I love you.
You have been such an inspiration in my life.
You
were the only person I felt safe with as a child when my parents left me.
I
remember your house on holidays and birthdays.
I
remember the sand pile that was delivered on my birthday. We had so much fun making ourselves into
“Kentucky Fried People” and building sand castles in it.
I
remember the rainbow picnic table that you had painted because I loved rainbows
so much.
I
remember my rainbow cake, and all the other cakes and meals that you prepared
for us during my life.
I
remember swimming, swinging in the hammock, taking the canoe out when we were
old enough, and so many other things from my childhood.
Then I became a teenager, and you were not only my
grandmother, you were my teacher, my mentor and my friend.
You are the reason that I do so many of the things I
love.
Because of you, I tried out for color guard when I was
13. Twelve years later, I’m still
spinning and teaching! Two of the
greatest summers of my life were marching drum corps. I would not have had that experience if you
hadn’t encouraged me to audition.
And, of course, there was the ADAPT club. Being part of that club gave me so much
self-confidence, and through you, I met people who
believed in me almost as much as you did.
I began speaking at press conferences and realized that public relations
was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
I made so many friends through band, ADAPT and Fighting
Back, some that I am still good friends with today. If it hadn’t been for your encouragement and
belief in my abilities, I would not be the person I am today.
And
I know now, just as I always have, that you are so proud of that person.
For
so many years, I have been so proud to call you my grandmother. At TI and TLC, where everyone is crazy
about you, I was lucky enough to be related to you. I am part of you. I am your flesh and blood and that alone made
me a better person.
Your
pride in me has always made me feel so special.
You
have been such a strong and steady role model for me all my life. I look to you for so much. You have set such a good example for me and
so many others. Your faith and
conviction are incredible.
You
raised my father to be a wonderful and intelligent person and loving
father. You helped my mother grow from a
teenager into the amazing woman that she is today. And the three of you have been the biggest
influences in my life.
Your
love has touched more people than you will ever realize.
Grandma,
I just want you to know today and always that you are so important to me.
Having
your love and support makes me always strive to be a better person.
To
be like you.
In
every way I can.
I
love you always and forever!
Your
blessed granddaughter,
Talyse
No comments:
Post a Comment