The time share is now being split between her children (and grandchildren), and we were given the opportunity to go this year. Of course, we said yes, and were even able to go on our anniversary weekend.
We brought the kids, partly because my mom was in Chicago, but they also loved it so much last year, that I knew they'd have a blast again.
It was an emotional weekend, since I had never been to the condo without my grandmother, but we also had so much fun, and I know she would be happy that it was used by so many of her loved ones this year.
We spent most of our time in the pool, but did walk down to the beach for a little while and, of course, I had to get in some outlet shopping time. We had our anniversary dinner at Marley's Island Grille, where there was a fun band playing for the restaurant's birthday celebration.
I just loved seeing my kids playing in the same room and same pool where I used to play as a child. I don't have many pictures, but here are a few I found from previous years.
Alison with the yo-yo
My uncle Steve, who passed away in January of 2003. Amazing uncle!!
Me, Lizzie and Rachel
Beckah, me, Lizzie and Alison
My aunts Jet and Pam (dad's sisters)
Rachel and Grandma (G.G.)
Me, Lizzie, Alison and Rachel (Boy did we have fun on that trip!)
Grandma, my mom (grandmommy), Aunt Nancy and her sister Janice, Me, Lisa and Alison (Alison looks thrilled to be there, doesn't she?)
A few from last year...
And this year...
She was all about cuddling...
Until it was his turn to cuddle with her!
They had so much fun in the kiddie pool!
We had such a great time this year, and hope to be able to make this a tradition for our family!












No comments:
Post a Comment