Friday, March 7, 2014

24 Weeks!

24 weeks today.

This may not seem like a big deal to many people, or even some pregnant women. To me, it is huge.

I am 24 weeks and still standing. I am not laying on my side, in preterm labor, praying to keep my baby in.

Don't get me wrong, I am praying. And I am praising God for this baby and this pregnancy.

It has not been an uneventful 24 weeks.

At 16 weeks, I had a cerclage put in.

At almost 19 weeks, I felt my first contractions.

At 21 weeks, I spent a few hours in the hospital for monitoring.

At 22 weeks, I started 17P injections.

The results of my hospital visit and my check-up two weeks later revealed that everything looks great! My cervical length was 3.8 in the hospital and 4.0 two weeks later, even though the contractions were still happening. The doctor doesn't want to see me back until 26 weeks.

Baby girl is very healthy. She is growing and has a strong heartbeat. Everything looks amazing, and she looks amazing. I was blown away by this picture of our daughter at 22 weeks gestation.



At this exact point in my pregnancy with Kyran and Karyssa, I had been sent home from my 24-week appointment the day before on bed rest and got my home monitoring set up that day. The next day, the monitoring showed 5 contractions/hour for two hours in a row, and I was admitted to the hospital where I would stay for the next three weeks. Now, I am preparing to go out of town for the weekend with my mother of twins club.

At this point in my pregnancy with Kyran and Karyssa, I had only gained 10 pounds. This time I have gained 22.

At this point in my pregnancy with Kyran and Karyssa, my gestational diabetes was a constant source of stress, and I wasn't able to eat enough to keep my weight on. This time, after three years of dealing with diabetes and finding doctors who actually understand my unique needs, I have great control of my diabetes and a better grasp of what I can and can't eat to allow me to maintain and gain weight.

Would I change who my children are? Absolutely not. I loved being pregnant with them, even though the bed rest was miserable. But I am excited about the possibility of carrying her full term. Being able to nurse her immediately. Bringing her straight home from the hospital. Not having her attached to machines once she is home. Not having RSV restrictions. And so much more.

Please continue to pray that things go well. We are praying for at least 13 more weeks. 

I'll post some more pictures of our baby girl and my belly progression soon!

1 comment:

Grandmommy said...

I love you and her!!!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX