So, we are 27 days away from our scheduled delivery date, and I'm starting to doubt I'm going to make it that long.
I'm 34.5 weeks, which is incredible to me! I have also gained 40 lbs, which is sort of mind-blowing.
At my last appointment, I did have some extra fluid, so they will check that again when I go in Thursday. They said it's fairly common with diabetics, but that it can lead to preterm labor, and at this point, if I go into labor they won't stop me. I'm praying for June at least...36 weeks!
At my 32 week appointment (the day before 33 weeks), they estimated her to weigh 5 lb, 10 oz, which means I'm on track for an 8 or 9 lb baby if she keeps growing like that! Again, we'll know more Thursday. She was in the 79th percentile, and as long as she's below the 90th, they aren't worried. The amazing thing to me is that Kyran and Karyssa only weighed 5 lb, 15 oz together at birth, so she probably already outweighs both of them together!
I am very swollen, but my blood pressure has been ok. It's creeping up there, but not above 140 yet, so they don't seem concerned. The Procardia I'm on for my contractions also helps keep blood pressure down. Today, I found my blood pressure cuff from when I was pregnant with the kids, and I'm trying not to be obsessed with checking it. For the swelling, they have actually told me to move around...so much different than bed rest from last time!
As for the contractions, they are still coming, but don't seem to have made any changes yet. They will check me Thursday. They are definitely getting stronger and lasting longer, so I won't be surprised if there are changes at this point. Last Thursday night, we had another scare where they were coming every three minutes, but I was able to get them to slow down without going to the hospital this time, so I am very thankful for that.
My main concerns now are continuing to stay hydrated and manage my diabetes. I have actually come off of my once-a-day insulin and the Metformin, because my morning sugars are getting toward the low side. My meal-time insulin has increased, but things still seem to be under control there.
I had my first of two baby showers Saturday, and it was so nice to be able to stand up, walk around and sit up to open my gifts! I'll post more about that later.
Here is the latest 3-D photo of our baby girl, taken at 33 weeks and 3 days.

No comments:
Post a Comment