They have grown into these amazing, smart, funny, kind KIDS who love their school, church, and family, especially their baby sister!
Thinking back, it's difficult to remember how far they've come. I'm so glad I have this blog to remind me! And pictures, of course!
Our updated six year pictures...in this one, they are holding the first outfits they ever wore, that were so big on them at one month old!
In this one, the thing they're holding is what is wrapped around them in the top picture!
The kids had a great birthday weekend! Since we had a church service Sunday night, we took them to a hibachi restaurant for their birthday dinner Saturday night. Since my 21st birthday, I have always gone to eat Japanese with my family and this year they chose the same thing. It was delicious!
The next day, we got up and let them open their first presents from us. Karyssa got a My Generation doll named June and Kyran got the Wheel of Fortune Wii game (he's been a bit obsessed with Wheel of Fortune recently). We went to church and came home to play with their toys and spend some time together. Midway through the afternoon, Kyran started acting very tired. We thought it was just the excitement, or maybe he had eaten something bad since he said his stomach hurt.
We went to church for our Christmas Eve, not on Christmas Eve service, where the kids sang three songs. It was obvious by that point that our little guy was not himself. The constant performer, he stood pretty still and barely sang the words to the songs that he had known for over a month. Karyssa, on the other hand, made herself known to everyone! It was adorable!
That night, we had the family over for cake. My parents, Harmony and her family, Ben and the kids, and Alison, Autumn and new, new baby Nora joined us! There were more presents and we even had a special visit from Santa! (Of course, I was so excited that I forgot to take pictures.)
Every year on their birthday, the same baker has made their cake. They have all looked pretty similar through the years, but each year is slightly different. Here was the one from this year. It was delicious as usual!
Later that night, Kyran got a fever, and we had it confirmed the next day that he had the flu. Fortunately, he had his flu shot, and got on Tamiflu pretty quickly, so it wasn't that bad. We were also very, very fortunate that no one who had been there that night, including the rest of us, got it!
I'm still sort of in shock that my babies are six. They know so much and I'm constantly asking them, "Where did you learn that?". Best of all, with bigger bodies come bigger hugs. I love these kids so much and I just love watching them grow up!















No comments:
Post a Comment