Monday, January 12, 2015

Seven Months!

Gemma is seven months old!


The day after she turned seven months, I was feeding her and felt the spoon catch on something. That's right, she got her first tooth! The next day, tooth #2 popped out! The first one was the bottom right, and the second was the bottom left.Of course, nothing is safe from her mouth now!




She is now sitting up very well, although she does tend to look over her shoulder a lot, which causes her to fall backwards. She loves to play with her toys, especially the car that was handed down from Kyran and Karyssa and the new kitchen she got from Granddad and Mary Joyce.



She has also become a giggle machine recently! She laughed for the first time at three months, but has been pretty stingy with them until the past few days. Now when she wakes up in the morning and I go over to her, she just starts giggling as soon as she sees me! When Karyssa and Kyran are playing with her, or Daddy does silly things, she goes into giggle fits too! It is so, so cute!





She got a flu shot and a weight check Tuesday and we got good news! We went in two weeks ago, and she had only gained two ounces in two weeks. At that point, she would not eat solids from me. That night, she started eating solids from me, and when we went in Tuesday, she had gained another 14 ounces, in just two weeks! She now weighs 13 lb, 6 oz. Dr. B. is very happy with that! I just love her chubby little legs now!

She had a busy weekend, filled with watching lots of football with daddy!  What a cutie!






It has been cold this week, especially Thursday, when the high was 32 degrees. We got all bundled up to pick up big brother and sister from school!




She is now taking almost all of her naps in her crib, but still sleeping in the bassinet in our room at night. At 13.5 lbs, I know that 15 lb mark is coming soon, and I'm expecting her to start sitting herself up around the same time, so I know the nighttime crib time is coming soon. She is still sleeping through the night very well, especially since she has mastered the skill of finding her paci and putting it back in her mouth!

Her newest discovery around the house is our pictures on the wall. You can tell she recognizes the people in the pictures, because she will just look at them with a huge smile on her face.

I'm definitely in no hurry, but I am excited to see what the next month holds for her!

Just some other cute pictures!




No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX