Tuesday, June 2, 2015

One Year Old!

My precious Gemma Rose,

You are one year old today. It is so hard to believe that I even have a third child sometimes, much less that she is already one. You were a dream for so long and then you came true. Words can never express the happiness that you have brought into my life.

You are such a happy, sweet baby. I sometimes literally forgot that you were in the room. (Not so much anymore, since you're moving around and into everything!)

Last night, after you fell asleep, I went into your room and rocked you for a while. I never wanted to let you go. I knew that the next time I saw you, you would not be my little infant, but my little one-year-old.

You haven't wanted to cooperate at either of your photo sessions, but I know that Miss Katie will bring out your beauty anyway. It's hard to hide beauty like yours.

In some ways, I see your brother and sister in you. But in most ways, you have stood out as Gemma. You have your own way of doing things and loving people. Everyone says you look just like Kyran and/or Karyssa, but I have always just seen you.

I feel so blessed to have you in my life. I am so looking forward to seeing what the future holds for you (just not too quickly)!

When Kyran and Karyssa turned one, I wrote this poem. I was going to write another one for you, but this one fits you just as much as it does them.

I love you, baby girl!



Not at first sight, but at first knowledge,
I loved you, oh, so much,
Your beauty I could feel inside,
Before I felt your touch.

The weeks went by so quickly,
When you were on your way,
To see and feel you move inside,
Would brighten any day.

Although you came too early,
You were perfect, and I knew,
That God would keep you in his hands,
And protect you as you grew.

Then came the day we took you home,
So happy, yet so scared,
You trusted me completely,
Though I felt unprepared.

As time went by, I realized,
God was still in control,
I was meant to be your mother,
And I gladly filled the role.

Your smiles and laughs, they lit the house,
And what personality,
I’ve watched you grow from a tiny being,
To this child I now see.

So on this day that you turn one,
I’ll celebrate the year,
Since you made your entrance to the world,
And filled my life with cheer.

I thank the Lord for all the time,
That we have had together,
And look forward to the years to come,
My heart, my life, forever.


No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX