This year, Kyran was cast in the role of Grandpa. He was very excited, but Karyssa was a little bummed at first. She had also auditioned for a role, and didn't get it.
I know this is one of many twin battles that I will face (much like birthday parties one didn't get invited to, field trips only one goes on, etc.), so I talked rationally to her and she was ok with it in the end. She recognized that she was a little shy in her audition, and if she was shy in front of a few people, of course she'd be shy in front of a lot of people.
Kyran's character was one of comic relief, which he played perfectly. He was upset after school that day, when they had performed for the kindergartners, because he said "everyone laughed at me." I told him it was because he was playing a funny character, but he wasn't convinced. I asked him who his favorite character in Ice Age was, and he said, "The little squirrel who goes around trying to get the nut and can never get the nut." When I asked why, he replied, "Because he's (eyes light up)...funny!" That night he hammed it up even more!
They practiced so much for this, and it really paid off! What a cute show!
Aunt Jackie was one of the teachers who put on the very first production of "The Wolf"! They loved having her there to support them!
No comments:
Post a Comment