Wednesday, May 4, 2016

New Word Wednesday and 23 Months!

I'm doing a horrible, horrible job of keeping up with her words, and it was around the same age that I stopped Kyran's and Karyssa's new word Wednesdays, too. I will attempt to keep up with it until she's two, but I know I am missing so many words, names and phrases. Even so, she is at just over 400 words now! There are not many things or people that she can't name. It truly makes life easier!

Here are the ones I can remember. The ones with (?) are ones that she had been saying for a while, but I couldn't remember when she started. She is also using so many 3-5 word sentences now.

Minion
Right There
Potatoes
Come On (3/24)
Horsy
Guys (3/25)
I did it!
Snake
Hiss
I'm coming (3/26)
Mario
Chair (3/27)
Koala
Sheep (?)
Dolphin
My
Hiney
I'm Back (3/29)
In there
Ride the horse
Change diaper
TV (4/2)
Bike
Bubble time
Brush teeth
Rinse it
Fire truck
Fireman
Sunglasses (4/5)
Knife
Caterpillar
Purse (4/6)
Orange (fruit)
Watch
Coat
You're Welcome
Drive
Noise
Baseball
Barking (4/11)
Diaper bag (4/13)
Water bottle
Squeeze
Towel
Tired (after I yawned, she said, "mommy tired.") (4/15)
Belly rub
Sing
I didn't
Eliza
Bathtub
Yellow (4/20)
And
Flashlight (4/21)
Oh my goodness (4/25)
Face
Rocking Chair (4/26)
My homework (with the laptop...when Jason asked her just today what she was going to do today, she replied, "My homework," as matter-of-factly as possible!)
Put it away
What mommy doing now?
Doll baby
Thirsty
Headband 
Milk
Arthur (neighbor's dog)
That one
This one
Jessie
Lily
Rain (5/1)
Raining
Now
Dave
Not
Working
Batteries
Orange (color)
Dishes (5/2)
Doing
Flip flops (?)
Wipe (?)
Fork (?)
Elmo (?)
Christina (?)
Jonathan (?)
Joshua (?) (She knows two Joshuas!)
Kittens
Don't rip it

When I count, she will usually correctly fill in the next number after I stop, up to 12. When she counts, she says, "1, 3, 4, 9, 2." Not perfect, but she understands that each thing is one number. Now we just have to get them in the right order!

I can't remember if I've posted this, and I've been trying to get it on camera, but she calls her brother and sister "Sissa and Dude". It is so adorable! She knows Kyran's name is Kyran, and can say it, but she prefers to call him "Dude"!

As she gets closer to two, her "terrible twos" are starting to come out. She will deliberately defy me and then laugh about it. When I do have to get stern with her, she immediately straightens up and asks for a hug. Sometimes after the hug, she'll ask for a kiss and/or a "squeeze" where she makes a big squeezing noise and then says "Don't stop, please," quoting one of her favorite books, Huggy Kissy. I just melt!

She turned 23 months Monday, and it was tough for me. This will be the last month that I refer to her age by months. After this, she will be 2, or almost 2.5, or 3, etc. She is still just so tiny that it's hard for me to believe she is almost two. There's also still a part of me that can't believe she's really mine. That I actually have the third child I wanted so badly. Maybe because I had convinced myself that it wouldn't happen. Maybe because she has truly been an easy baby. Maybe because she has fit so seamlessly into our family that it's hard for me to remember a time before her.

Whatever the reason, I know how blessed we are to have her. I love my happy, smart, funny, beautiful and sweet baby girl so much!

And another slew of Gemma photos!







She loves the neighbor's puppy, Arthur!


Right after a big Arthur kiss!



"Do my homework?"



So many different smiles!




She LOVES to "read"!

With her friend, Knox!

She is getting more and more curls each day and I love them!





And a couple of cute videos!







No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX