Friday, June 24, 2011

33

I turned 33 yesterday.  My third birthday as a mommy.  My fifth as a wife.  As a kid, I didn't think birthdays got better than lots of presents and lots of cake.  I was wrong.

Now, birthdays are all about family, and friends who feel like family.  It's about waking up to my sweet babies' voices and flowers from my loving husband.  It's about a call from my sister.  A sweet card from my sister-in-law.  Spending the day with two of my best friends in the world.  Eating dinner with some of the best people you can ever imagine.  Now, it's about going home with my family and falling asleep in my husband's arms. 

I remember the days when 33 seemed ancient.  But I don't feel old.  I don't think I look old.  And I certainly don't act old.  Thirty-three seems like perfect age, because I'm exactly where I want to be.  I had a wonderful birthday, and I pray for many, many more!

My birthday crew!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX