Monday, June 13, 2011

I'm in Serious Denial

Yes, I'm in serious denial.  Mercy and Banner are moving in a week.  I think if I really believed it, I'd be crying every day.  

Those two have meant so much to me over the last two years.  As I've posted before, I babysat for Mercy and Banner when they were 3 and 1, respectively.  After losing touch for several years, we moved into their neighborhood.  After the babies came home, Mercy became the greatest mother's helper imaginable, and she and Banner have been coming to church with us for almost two years.

I am, of course, technically old enough to be Mercy's mother, but we feel more like sisters.  I play around like I'm insulted when someone thinks that they're mine (because of age), but really, I would be so proud if my kids turn out like them.  They are such sweet, loving and polite kids, with a passionate love for Jesus Christ.  I'm sure they argue and misbehave at times, but they have been such a blessing for our family and set such a good example for our children.

They really feel like part of the family.  I can't imagine how much Kyran and Karyssa will miss them. I'm trying not to think about how much I will. 

1 comment:

Grandmommy said...

Marley, KK and I will miss them terribly also!!!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX