So, I've been waiting until I have the time to go through all 1500 pictures from our vacation and post some of my favorites. Apparently, that may never happen, so here are a few other things that have been going on in our lives.
1. Kyran and Karyssa had their 2.5 year well-check last Thursday. Here are the official (although I believe not quite accurate) measurements:
Karyssa: 26 lb, 8 oz (22%), 34 inches (16%) and head circumference of 48.5 cm (57%).
Kyran: 24 lb, 4 oz (still no percentage), 34 inches (6%), and head circumference of 48 cm (21%).
I believe these to be inaccurate for two reasons. 1. I think Karyssa is about half an inch taller than Kyran and 2. I know that Kyran's head is larger than Karyssa's. I'm not sure which way they are off, but I know it was tough to measure a squirming Karyssa, so I'm thinking hers are probably not truly accurate.
Dr. B. is very happy with their progress, especially the progress Kyran has made since she saw him in January. She does not seem concerned with his slow growth. She said that most 2-year-olds plateau in growth, and that since he doesn't yet have his two-year molars, he still has lots of growing to do! They both showed off their energy levels and speech during the appointment, and she was very pleased.
2. Speaking of Kyran's progress, there are a couple of VERY important announcements that I have failed to make.
First, in June, Kyran's OT, Sheri re-evaluated him and said that he no longer needs OT!! He even scored ahead of his age in several categories! So, now she will just be coming once a month for follow-up. This is exciting, but the kids already miss her so much!
Second, Ann, Kyran's PT has said that he no longer needs weekly PT. She is very encouraged by his recent steps. For the summer, we have decided simply not to make up visits that we miss because of vacations, but in the fall, we will drop back to 2 or 3-time monthly visits.
Third, Kyran is no longer with the agency that handled his care. Since he placed out of early intervention, and only has one provider, he no longer needs the level of coordination that he needed before, and we signed the papers two weeks ago to discharge him from those services.
What a busy couple of months for my little man!
3. A new favorite in our house is "Dance Party", or the Just Dance Wii game. Their favorite songs are: I Like to Move It; Tik Tok; Ring My Bell; Jump, Jump; Jump in the Line; Wannabe (or Pretty Ladies, as Kyran calls it), Jin Go Lo Ba (known to them as O Ba Ba); Step by Step; and Who Let the Dogs Out. We can't wait until the new one comes out in October!
4. The kids are resisting naps more and more. They always fall asleep and sleep for an hour or so, but (no matter when they go down), it now takes them up to an hour and a half to fall asleep. I know they need their naps, so there may be a time when we have to separate them soon. I love listening to them talk to and laugh with each other, but this is getting a little overboard.
That's all I can think of for now. I promise to get some more vacation pictures up as soon as possible.
1 comment:
Way to go Kyran!! Also, separating Addison and Fischer has made a world of difference with their napping. They weren't napping at all by the time we moved, and nap time had become a disaster. Since moving, there has been only 1 day (in a month!) that they haven't napped. They are usually asleep within 10 minutes and are sleeping around 2 hours!
Post a Comment