Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Thanksgiving

Ok, so I'm jumping around a little here, but I want to be sure to hit all of the important things. Thanksgiving this year was sort of bittersweet. It was very cool that my parents, all four of my siblings, my wishful-thinking sibling, Alison, and all eight cousins got to be together at my grandmother's house. Grandma always made a turkey and a ham (because she knew I didn't like turkey much). She also made several sides. This year, we all pitched in and I think we got it as close as we ever will.

Jason and I brought a squash and zucchini casserole and two different types of mashed potatoes, regular, like she used to make, and red potatoes. I had never made mashed potatoes that didn't come from a box before, but they turned out great!

It was slightly chilly, but the sun was out and the lake was beautiful, so we spent a lot of time outside.

Autumn

Hanging out on the dock with Grandfather



Grandfather and Leo

Grandmommy and Ayla

You know who this beautiful girl is!

Lincoln


You know who this crazy boy is!

More Autumn

This could have been a better picture, but this was as far away as I would get from them on the dock.

More hanging out with Grandfather




Jon

Swinging with Uncle Jon

Alison and Jon

Ben

Kahlan

Marley and Karyssa were playing school

Granted, my dad can sleep anywhere, but the lake is so peaceful!

Cousins who look like sisters!

The kids loved playing on the playground that GG bought for them just weeks before she passed. We miss her so much.

After we left there, we gave the kids a quick nap and headed to a friend's house for another big dinner. Boy were we spoiled with food that day!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX