Tuesday, April 22, 2014

'Twas the Night Before Easter

This year's Easter was wonderful, but the night before was pretty scary. We had been to a friend's Easter egg hunt  and when we got home, my contractions started coming every three minutes, and hurting a little in my back. After hydrating completely and laying down for two hours, they still hadn't stopped, so Jason and I headed to the hospital. Fortunately, my mom had already planned to spend the night, so she was able to put the kids to bed and be there with them. I was pretty sure I wasn't coming home that night.

As usual with this pregnancy, God proved to me once more that He has this. At first the monitor showed exactly what I'd been feeling, contractions every 2-3 minutes. The nurse quickly gave me a shot of terbutaline and they slowed down (almost stopped) immediately. Everything checked out well after that so they gave me one more shot and sent me on my way.

Since then, my contractions have slowed considerably and I've been feeling much better. I think I mentioned before that I had self-diagnosed with kidney stones, based on the feeling that I had when I had them six years ago. My thinking now is that the pain I was feeling was them passing, and that's what was causing the contractions. Whatever the reason, I'm praying hard that we don't have another experience like that this pregnancy!

More on Easter and lots of pictures soon!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX