Friday, July 24, 2015

Updates

The days are going too quickly. There's so much work to be done and my brain is so fuzzy I can't remember what I've posted about and what I haven't. Here are a few things I think I've missed:

1. Gemma is climbing up the stairs now! She has been able to for a while, but too scared. Now, every chance she gets, she makes a beeline for the stairs and starts climbing. If you're not paying close attention, she'll be halfway up before you realize it. We don't have the baby gates up yet, but I tried putting part of a play yard in front of the stairs. That worked until she saw how easily Karyssa moved it. Then she would race over to it and move it out of the way.



2. This morning, Gemma had the last of my frozen milk. This morning, Gemma also refused to nurse. Last night, she wouldn't nurse at bedtime, but I went in after she was asleep and she did take a dreamfeed. I'm afraid that she is done. Was the milk she had in her cereal this morning the last of mommy's milk she'll ever have?

3. She is repeating so much now! The other day, Jason and I both heard her repeat "purple tie"! Her favorite words are still Bella, ball, bath, mama, dada, and of course, more.

4. One sweet thing we do (that the rest of you might think is gross) happens when Gemma is eating cheerios. She'll give one to me to put in between my lips, then she likes to eat it from me. I was showing Jason and the kids the other day and said she was just like a baby bird. She started looking outside and saying, "Bird? Bird?".

5. She was so tired two days ago, that she climbed up in my lap and said "night, night". She has said it before when she knows she's about to go to bed, but never initiated it. My girl was tired!

6. She loves to feed Bella. Bella loves it when Gemma feeds her. Unfortunately, I don't love it, but Gemma thinks it's hilarious. She'll call Bella, then put her hand with the food down, then look at me, smile and shake her head no. She also just loves to climb on Bella and grab her ears and eyes. Bella is so patient and gentle with her. I guess you don't bite the hand that feeds you, right?




7. In the mornings, I'll feed her her cereal and fruit. Then while I'm eating, Kyran and Karyssa will share their oatmeal with her. It is so sweet!

8. Gemma loves to eat our food. She's fine with her baby food (usually) until we break out our food. The other night, I was able to trick her a little by feeding her baby food on a fork, but that didn't last very long.

9. For a while now, she has been picking up her legs to make it easier to change her diaper. She still squirms to get away sometimes, but is usually very cooperative and helpful.

10. She has had a runny nose for the past few days. I'm not sure if it's allergies, teething or a little cold. This morning I had to break out the bulb syringe. Based on the last time I used it, several months ago, I braced for the worst. She didn't flinch. She just let me suck the snot out and kept smiling at me.

11. She has found her belly button and loves to play with it!

12. A few times now, we have seen what might be the beginning of spiral curls on her head. Karyssa has been praying since she found out she was having a sister that her sister would have curly hair like hers.




Who gave her permission to grow up so quickly??

And one more picture, just because she's so cute!


No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX