Friday, May 13, 2011

Aunt Tammy and Uncle Carey's Wedding

That's right! Uncle Carey is now officially, legally, Uncle Carey! Tammy and Carey had an intimate wedding on the beach on Ocracoke Island in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  They chose to get married on Mother's Day to honor the memory of Jason and Tammy's mother, Darlene. 


The bride was stunning.


The kids were adorable.



No, that's not Karyssa.  That is Carey's niece, Tali.  We all had to keep doing double-takes!


The couple is happy.





The ceremony was perfect.

A single white rose held the seat where Darlene should have been.


The food was delicious.




The new in-laws are wonderful. For events like these, you never know what you're getting in terms of in-laws. Well, Carey's family is great!



I especially clicked with his sister-in-law, Anouska, as did Kyran with her son, Tyler.


Her daughter, Peyton, also took a liking to Kyran!


Kyran and Karyssa did so well!  Kyran fell just once as he started down the aisle, but then made it very quickly down to give his shell to Granddad.  Karyssa followed behind the two other girls, picking up the flower petals that they dropped.  So much like her daddy...we can't have a dirty beach!  By the end of the wedding, she was the only one whose basket wasn't full of sand.  Hers was overflowing with rose petals!

The wedding was extra-special to me, because I was honored to serve several roles.  I was the wedding coordinator, and helped with the planning.  I designed the invitations.  Although only kids were in the wedding, I had the duties and benefits of Matron of Honor, such as being pampered on the morning of the wedding, dressing the bride and helping with pre-wedding photographs.  I was the mother of a ring bearer and a flower girl.  I was also, in a way, the matriarch of the Burkett household.  Because Jason's dad performed the ceremony, Jason gave the bride away. 

What an honor to be entrusted with so much on the most important day of their lives!

I was also honored that Tammy chose to wear my pearls as her something borrowed.  I was given the pearls by my parents for my twenty-first birthday (which also qualified them as something old), and they were the perfect complement to her beautiful dress.

One side note that I find very amusing - Tammy's new last name is Greene.  Seven years ago, my own sister, Harmony, was married and also gained the surname Greene.  So, now, my sister and Jason's sister have the same last name.  How funny!  Even more so since Tammy and my mom share a first name (with different spelling). 

What a wonderful weekend and a wonderful couple!

Here are a few photos of the rehearsal dinner, and I'll post more wedding photos when we get the professional ones back.




No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX