This past weekend, we went to visit Aunt Tammy and Uncle Carey for their wedding reception! Because only immediate family was at the wedding, this was their time to celebrate the marriage with other family and friends. The party was fantastic, but the weekend was crazy!
Because I was filling all of the roles I filled at the wedding, and the roles of DJ, Emcee, Technical operations and hairdresser (which I failed miserably), Jason and Granddad had Kyran and Karyssa for most of the weekend. On Friday morning, they left to go visit Granddad's new place, which is about an hour away. When they were ready to leave, the van wouldn't start. Apparently, when the alternator was replaced a few months ago, we either received a bad alternator, or it wasn't installed correctly. Either way, they were stranded.
Thank God for good friends (Granddad's friend lent us his wife's car for the weekend), AAA (who towed the van about 60 miles for free) and Firestone (who fixed the car for free since the alternator was still covered under warranty).
When they returned, Karyssa must have gotten a dog hair or something in her eye, because her left eye, the left side of her nose and her left ear became very red and swollen. I called the nurse, who at first told me to bring her to the ER. When I told her there were no other symptoms (fever, etc.), she just told me to give her benadryl, which worked like a charm.
Right after getting off the phone with the nurse, Alison called me. She and Autumn stayed at our house and took care of the animals this weekend. Well, apparently, sneaky Bella got away from Alison, and she was chasing her down the street as we were talking. Autumn was asleep, so she couldn't get in the car and go after her. I told her to get some cheese to lure her with, and then I called my dad, Mercy and Banner, and Shaunna to help with the rescue mission. While on the phone with Shaunna, Alison texted me to say she had gotten her back!
Needless to say, we were late for dinner that night.
The next day went very smoothly, minus a couple of incidents. The rollers we bought for Tammy's hair did not work, so she did not have the beautiful curls that she had in the wedding. Fortunately, her hair is long and beautiful as is, so there wasn't too much damage done. Also, the photographer gave us one of the wrong discs, so when I went to put together the slide show, I realized we had one whole disc of someone else's wedding. After many calls, the photographer was able to get a hold of some of the missing pictures, so the slide show looked great!
Of course, I don't have any photos yet, but the room was beautiful, the food was delicious and the kids had so much fun dancing all night long!
Sunday, we ate brunch with Carey's family, dropped off the borrowed car, said goodbye to granddad, headed home, unloaded the car and went to our Bible study group. We all slept very well in our own beds that night!
Today is KK's birthday, so the kids and Jason will be heading to her birthday dinner while I attend another event. Happy birthday, sweet Kahlan!
No comments:
Post a Comment