Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Forget Me Nots

It's been a while since I've done one of these, so I hope I can remember everything I don't want to forget.

1.  A couple of weeks ago, they asked to do something and I said they could do it tomorrow.  Kyran immediately started singing "Tomorrow" from Annie.  "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow..." 

2.  We were in Target one day, and Karyssa started saying "No", to which Kyran answered, "No, what?".  That's what I say to them, and I think it's so amazing how they remember everything I do and say!

3.  Recently they (especially Karyssa) think it's funny to call me by my first name.  Although, when Karyssa says it, it sounds like Toe-lease.  She'll say "Mom, Toe-lease, Mom, Toe-lease", knowing that I'll only answer when she calls me mommy.

4.  Jason and I usually refer to each other as "Baby", so the kids have only heard our first names from Marley and KK.  Sometimes they will call Jason "Uncle Jason".  Because of this, we've made it a point to teach them our names and our last names.  If you ask them their first and last names, they will say "Karyssa Burkett" or "Kyran Burkett".  Jason and I are Mommy and Daddy Burkett, but if you ask them our first names they say Talyse and Jason.  I think this is important for them to know, just in case they ever need to tell someone.  I'm very glad that they say Burkett in a way that can be understood, too. 

5.  Karyssa told me the other day that she had to use the bathroom.  She had just been, and gotten a treat, so I assumed she just wanted another treat, and told her we'd try again in a while.  Well, not 10 minutes later, she left me a present in her diaper.  I told her "I'm sorry, that's my fault."  She answered, "That's my fault".  I said, "No, it's my fault", and she echoed, "No, it's my fault".  Then I said, "It's Mommy's fault".  At that point she smiled and answered, "It's Daddy's fault".  What a smart little girl! 

6.  They have recently started answering any question they don't know the answer to (or don't want to answer based on the fifth amendment) "Huh".  I do it all the time, so I know where they got it, but I'm trying to put a stop to it.  Kyran said it a few times the other day, and I told him if he said "huh" one more time, he was going to get time-out.  I asked him the same question, and he answered "What?".  Smart, and smart aleck...Wow!

7.  I let them play with Karyssa's flower girl basket from the wedding, and they were fighting over it one day.  The handle came out, and the pearls from the handle started going everywhere.  Karyssa picked up the basket and as many pearls as she could find, walked it over to the trash can and threw it away.  I guess they've seen us throw away broken things before, but I thought it was funny that she knew what to do immediately.  It also made me wonder about things that have gone missing around our house.  I think we will be moving the trash can to under a cabinet for a while. 

8.  We recently gave them a recycle truck toy that they love to play with.  So, a couple of Fridays ago when the garbage truck pulled up, they went crazy.  They were waving and yelling "hi".  I don't think the term "garbage man" is politically correct anymore, so I actually had them yelling "Hi, sanitation workers".  Too funny!

9.  Our women's ministry held a baby shower for our local crisis pregnancy center, and there were some leftover Mylar balloons, so I brought them home.  They have been attached to these balloons for a while now, and Kyran will even tell them goodnight when they are going up for their naps.  They also love to torture Bella with them, since she is scared of the fact that they float, and the noise that they make. 

10.  We watched Snow White earlier this week, and for the first time, they really noticed Dopey.  For the whole movie, and the rest of the day, they were walking around saying "Sill-y Dope-y".  Each time they did it they would collapse in laughter.  There is not much better than hearing my children make each other laugh.

11.  The only thing I can think of that is better, in fact, is that on Sunday morning, we woke up to them singing "Jesus Loves Me".  What a sweet and energizing way to start the day!

1 comment:

Grandmommy said...

Thanks for doing this Talyse!! I love reading all of them!! I love them and you so much!!!!

Love,

Mom/Grandmommy : )

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX