1. Since I started selling jewelry, Karyssa has been obsessed with it. She knows what everything is called, and always wants to wear mine. So, I finally broke down and got her a necklace and bracelet set and she love it!
2. Karyssa is showing early signs of hoarding. She piles as much stuff into her arms as she can, and then asks me to help her hold more. I really wonder if this is just a natural "mine" stage, or if this is a precursor to a pack rat habit.
3. Every morning I eat an over easy egg. When I'm done, Karyssa always looks at me and says "I lick your egg?". It sounds so funny, but she just wants to eat the leftover yolk on my plate.
4. The other night, as we were putting the kids to bed, Kyran started pushing my hair back behind my shoulders. He looked at me with his warm brown eyes and said, "You're beaufiful, Mommy". I melted into a puddle on the floor right there! Look out girls of the world...
5. I bought Madagascar last week and the kids have watched it about five times since we got it. They love the song "I Like to Move It", and have for a long time, so their eyes just lit up when they heard it in the movie. Last night, as I was cooking dinner, Karyssa walked up to Kyran and said, "Kyran, I need to go to the WILD!", just like he does in the movie. It was hilarious! She kept doing it, and finally told him, "Kyran, you need to go to the WILD, too!"
6. Kyran has always had tummy issues. I'll spare him future embarrassment by going into more details, but suffice it to say he is not a regular boy. Because of that, I think he has been eating less recently. Last night at dinner, I told him if he didn't finish, he might have to go see the doctor. At the end of the meal, when I took his plate away, Karyssa said, "You have to go to the doctor, Kyran. I'm sorry about that." I almost rolled on the floor laughing!
7. Karyssa has started asking permission to pat his back while he is in pain with his tummy issues. She proves more every day what a nurturer she is!
8. Shaunna and I took the kids to their first movie theater movie last Wednesday. We went to see MegaMind. I wasn't sure how it would go, but I was pretty sure Kyran would sit and watch the entire movie and Karyssa would be restless, like at home. I was wrong! I think Karyssa would have sat there the entire time, if it wasn't for Kyran wanting to sit in his seat, then on my lap, then back in his seat, then walk around, then hide behind the curtain... It was fun, and I think we'll try it again, but I'm ready for him this time!
9. Kyran has become obsessed with "pretty ladies". He calls Karyssa "Pretty Lady" sometimes, and says he loves his pretty ladies. When I ask him who his pretty ladies are, he says "Mommy and Karyssa." What a sweet boy!
10. Their new favorite song is "Mean" by Taylor Swift. They have always loved her music, but now, every time we're in the car, they want to hear "Why you so gotta be mean", and then they sing right along with it.
It is amazing to me how much these kids are growing and changing every day. It seems like they went from babies to little kids overnight sometimes. I love how they put words and thoughts together. I love how they use their imaginations. I love how they love each other. I just love them.
No comments:
Post a Comment