During the last month, and especially yesterday, I cannot help but think of the events of September 11, 2001. It’s hard to believe that it has been ten years.
Ten years ago, I was in graduate school. I had never lived outside of South Carolina. I was not married. I did not have children.
Now, ten years later, I have lived in San Francisco and Charlotte, North Carolina. I have been married for five years. I have two beautiful, amazing children.
Where did the time go?
In the nearly three years since my twins were born, the days have flown by. The older they get, the faster time seems to go. I look at my children now - children yes, because there is very little “baby” about them anymore - and I just want time to stop.
I don’t think there is much in this life more rewarding than witnessing my children learn to talk. With this comes mutual understanding, between each other and between them and me. They let me know what’s wrong so that I can fix it. They tell me what they want to eat (although they don’t always get it). They laugh and play with each other. They express more than I ever thought possible for two-year-olds.
While I love this stage, I do find myself reminiscing about holding them, before they could climb out of my arms; Kissing them, before they could wipe it away; Just staring at them, before they were two blurry shapes running around the house.
Time is moving so quickly and they are moving so quickly - physically, intellectually and emotionally. I want it to slow down, just a little...and quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment