When we went to the fair this year, the highlight was "The Pretty Ladies", otherwise known as the Gothard Sisters. These three beautiful blond girls took Kyran's breath away, and made Karyssa want to dance. They sing, dance and play beautiful Celtic music. As soon as Kyran saw them on stage, he said, "Mommy, those are the pretty ladies," and the name just stuck.
During the performance, two of them came out into the audience. The youngest, Solana, came right up to Kyran, playing her violin, and Kyran backed all the way up to me until he fell into my lap, and then hid his head in my shoulder. I guess he's not quite ready for pretty ladies yet.
After we watched their performance, the kids kept talking about them. Kyran heard someone singing and said, "I think I hear the pretty ladies." We walked to the stage where there were three older country singers (two men and one woman). Kyran then shouted as loud as he could, "Those are not the pretty ladies!". We almost died laughing, despite the looks that we were getting from those around us.
They have several music videos on their website, and the kids love to watch them at bedtime. One of them shows the girls walking in the water, and Kyran goes crazy every time he watches it. He says, "Silly pretty ladies, your feet are in the water!". He also just giggles every time we turn on any of their videos.
During the performance, two of them came out into the audience. The youngest, Solana, came right up to Kyran, playing her violin, and Kyran backed all the way up to me until he fell into my lap, and then hid his head in my shoulder. I guess he's not quite ready for pretty ladies yet.
After we watched their performance, the kids kept talking about them. Kyran heard someone singing and said, "I think I hear the pretty ladies." We walked to the stage where there were three older country singers (two men and one woman). Kyran then shouted as loud as he could, "Those are not the pretty ladies!". We almost died laughing, despite the looks that we were getting from those around us.
They have several music videos on their website, and the kids love to watch them at bedtime. One of them shows the girls walking in the water, and Kyran goes crazy every time he watches it. He says, "Silly pretty ladies, your feet are in the water!". He also just giggles every time we turn on any of their videos.
Another video they have is "The First Noel". They love to sing along with them, and Kyran even hits the high note. They have learned their names, (Greta, Willow and Solana) and the names of the instruments they play. Karyssa and I were in Wal-mart the other day (Jason and Kyran were there too, but in a different area). They were playing instrumental Christmas music and Karyssa said, "I hear Santa Claus." A few minutes later, they started playing "The First Noel" and her eyes lit up as she said, "I hear the pretty ladies!".
They also now love to sing The First Noel, and they can tell you that Jesus is the First Noel and the King of Israel. Kyran even tries to hit the high note at the end.
The Gothard Sisters performance at the fair
Kyran and McGruff the Crime Dog at the fair

No comments:
Post a Comment