Yesterday was awesome. Yes, most days are great, but very few are what I would consider awesome. Yesterday was one of them.
I woke up, helped the kids get dressed and ready and kissed them goodbye as Jason drove them to school. (He has dropped them off every morning, because that's around the time that Gemma wakes up.)
Shortly after, I got a text from my friend, Jackie, who has 2-year-old twins, asking if she could bring a delicious muffin and come visit for a little while. Adult interaction! Yay!
Right after Jackie left, I was playing with my 3-month-old (as of yesterday), and she giggled for the first time! If you remember my Peter Pan quote from when Karyssa and Kyran laughed for the first time, you know that another fairy was born yesterday! Very similar to Karyssa's first laugh, she was lying on the bed (with her I was tapping her lips, which she loves) and she giggled once. I wasn't completely sure it was a giggle until she immediately did it again.
The thing about Gemma is that before her mouth smiles, her eyes light up. I can always tell that a smile is coming. With her laugh, her belly shook a couple of seconds before the sound actually came out, so I knew it was coming too!
I was able to accomplish a lot during the rest of the day and it was soon time to pick up the kids. They are always very animated after school, and I love talking to them on the way home! I then helped Karyssa read a book and then curled up on the couch next to her to take a nap while she was watching a little TV and Kyran was upstairs playing.
Then I cooked dinner and Jason came home. I headed straight for the kids' open house at their school. Fortunately, I have made a friend in one of Kyran's classmates moms, so she agreed to fill me in on his teacher's session, so that I could attend Karyssa's teacher's session. The information was good and afterwards, I got confirmation that they have really been paying attention to my kids.
Mrs. S. (Karyssa's teacher), told me that she needed to work on her writing (I still need to work on mine), but that she was so incredibly helpful in the classroom. I knew that she loves the days that she gets to be line leader or door holder, but also learned that when it's her turn to get the crayon box for her table, she also wants to get the boxes for the other tables too. She has a servant's heart, and I am so glad to see that coming out in her classroom too! (Of course, I miss her being here to help me with Gemma!) She said that Karyssa has been great about staying quiet, raising her hand before she speaks and other classroom manners.
Mrs. C. (Kyran's teacher), said that she is "in love with my son" because he is so sweet. That's certainly my boy! He also placed in the highest group in reading and will soon be starting on 1st grade books with a couple of other children in his class! The only part of the assessment that he didn't have mastered (I didn't see Karyssa's assessment or reading test) was writing his last name, which he is now working on. She said she can pick out his laugh across the classroom and that once, during a subtly funny part of a book, he was the only one who laughed. She's excited about starting math with him, too. I told her that he likes reading but loves math and she said she's the same way.
I was first in line to talk to Karyssa's teacher and last to talk to Kyran's, so I didn't get as much time to hear about Karyssa. I'm looking forward to the first real parent/teacher conferences! I left with pride in my children and thanking God that they got the perfect teachers to help them develop and learn!
Then I went to the end of my mother of twins club meeting, and got to talk to some sweet friends there.
Finally, I went home, ate dinner, fed Gemma and fell asleep!
(Today will be awesome because I have nothing planned and can recover from my exciting day yesterday!)
No comments:
Post a Comment