Monday, January 19, 2009

What an amazing day!

The best news is that, as of 6:00 this evening, Karyssa and Kyran are in the same room! We cannot express the joy that comes from looking at or touching both of our babies at the same time! Andrea, our nurse for tonight, took our first family picture with Jason holding Karyssa and Talyse holding Kyran. What a blessing!!

It was definitely a reality check to look at them and think that sometime soon, we'll have two babies at home. A little overwhelming, but definitely exciting!

Along with that move, Kyran was also weaned down to the low-flow cannula and was doing very well on that when we said good night.

Karyssa is also being weaned into a crib now, so she could be in one as early as Wednesday!

Tonight, Kyran weighed 4 lb, 8.9 oz and Karyssa weighed 4 lb, 3 oz.

Thank God for this wonderful progress and for putting our family together for the first time since delivery!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! I am so glad and happy for you both! You too are such great parents! I have some more things for you. Let me know when I can bring them!! Love ya Bunches!

Jesse Tribbey said...

WOOHOO! Go K2(K-squared)! Amber and I are super happy that they are growing like lil tiny weeds...this is so exciting. We love you guys...

Thank you Lord!

Jesse & Amber Tribbey

Heather Downer said...

So glad to hear the twins are doing well so far! Andrew and I will be praying for you guys... If you're wondering who I am... Jason should know. I am Mike and Orena Murray's daughter Heather. Andrew is my husband and we were married in March. Mama emailed me showing your blog, we're excited to get in touch with you guys... tell Jason I said hello... and Tammie as well if you see her!

Anonymous said...

The twins are so beautiful! I couldn't be more proud!!!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX