Saturday, February 5, 2011

March for Babies!

As you can see, I have posted the link to our fundraising page for the March for Babies!  We are walking on April 30, and I'm so excited that both of our kids will actually be able to walk in it this year (a little bit, anyway)! 

Our official goal is $500, but I'd like to surpass that by a lot.  This year I'm going to try to go after some business sponsors, so if you know of any businesses that like to give, let me know! 

We've had a busy week this week with visits from Kyran and Karyssa's friends, Brooke and Riley, a first birthday party for their friend, Cheyenne, and a visit from their cousins Autumn and Alison!  Karyssa, after watching Alison feed Autumn a couple of times, was feeding her baby doll yesterday.  Imagine my surprise when she stopped feeding her, sat her up and began to pat her back!  She's going to be such a good mommy one day...in many, many years! 

Kyran is continuing to improve with his walking every day.  At the birthday party today, he was walking around so well and even successfully played "pin the wheel on the tractor".  I have actually had to start chasing him a little!  Although he continues to be a huge flirt, he did have some big boy fun with two of the older boys from our church today.  He just loved repeating after them and mimicking their actions! 

So many of my friends with older toddlers are talking about the "why" stage.  Karyssa and Kyran will ask "What's that?" and "Where'd Daddy go?" but as for the "why", they think they have it all figured out.  They'll ask a question and then answer it themselves.  Yesterday morning, they woke up separately, and both asked where their daddy was, and then answered that he was working at BB&T!  They love to tell me why Bella is barking and what to make for dinner, among other things. 

They love to sing (as you saw in Kyran's video), but I think I may be burning them out on that a little.  Now, whenever I start singing, they start saying "No.  No."  I'll give them a break for a little while, but will hopefully have some more cute videos up soon!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX