Monday, February 14, 2011

Play Dates

Wow!  I just had to purchase more storage space for the blog, so that I can keep posting pictures!  I made it two years on 1 GB, so I'm hoping the 20 I just purchased will last me for quite a while. 

What a beautiful weekend we had!  The weather this week is supposed to be pretty good too, so I'm looking forward to getting outside a lot. 

Last week, we had a long-awaited play date with the Komarnicki twins!  I met Sarah about 8 or 9 years ago, when she was the roommate of one of my grad school classmates, Melissa.  A few months after I found out I was having twins, I got a call from Melissa that Sarah was also having twins.  Then, shortly after Kyran and Karyssa were born, I got an e-mail from Melissa, saying that Sarah was on bed rest.  We struck up an e-mail relationship, and I was so happy when they were born healthy, although a little early, and came home after relatively short NICU stays (relative to us, that is.  Any time in the NICU is a long time). 

At the time, Sarah lived a couple hours away, but we maintained a friendship, through e-mail and reading each other's blogs.  A few months ago, she and her family moved back to the area, and we have reconnected at our mother of twins club meetings.  Thursday was the first time our kids ever met, though!  We had so much fun, and I hope we can get them all together again soon!

Taking a break to watch Veggie Tales!

On Saturday, we met the Masterson Six [my friend Michelle, her husband, Tam, and their two sets of twins, Alec and Ayden (6) and Andru and Anhnika (2).]  It was a sunny day, but a little chilly, so we spent most of the day inside the aquarium and the bird house.  I was almost in tears watching Kyran walk around the bird house just like all of the other kids!

They loved watching the fish, and kept trying to yell at the lady feeding them!

Making a new friend

Reluctant to leave...

Watching the birds

Eating animal crackers at the zoo...is that a bad thing?

The baby baboon!

And the baby Koala!

Here's looking at you, kid!

And an affectionate look from an ostrich.  (Can't you just see her batting her eyelashes?)

A not-so-flattering look at a giraffe!

After a long day at the zoo, we came home and the kids and I all took a three-hour nap!  How nice! 

Yesterday was filled with church, Bible study, and a lunch date with Riley and her parents.  What an awesome weekend!

Today, Karyssa and I woke up to sweet gifts from our wonderful Valentine!  Karyssa got a balloon and I got a rose!  Thank you Jason/Daddy!  We love you!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX