Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ready for Spring!

This week, we inherited some of Marley and Kahlan's old outdoor toys.  The highs have been in the 70s this week, so we've had lots of time to enjoy them already! 

When we found out I was pregnant, I decided we needed a patio set.  I envisioned myself sitting in a chair on our deck, watching kids running around the yard.  Last year, that wasn't really a possibility, because they needed me a lot more.  But this week, all that has changed.  I was able to sit in my chair and just watch my kids play together! 

Trying to get his hair out of his eyes...

Driving the boat...
Just hanging out!
Yesterday, Jenn, Daniel and Cullen came over for an outdoor play date!  We all had so much fun!


Jenn and precious baby Cullen



Mercy and Banner came over to play too!

Watching a football game!



Quality time with Banner

Laughing with Mercy

Thursday was my grandmother's 76th birthday, so we headed out to her house on the lake to help her celebrate.  We got to spend some time with her, Alison and Autumn!  Of course, I forgot to take pictures. 

Happy birthday, GG!

Last week, I asked Karyssa what her favorite toy was. She answered, "Baby Autumn". Since Autumn is her little cousin, I was a little concerned that she thought the baby was a toy. Until we got home, and I realized that every single baby doll she owns is now Baby Autumn! And boy, are they her favorites!

When it's time to eat, Baby Autumn eats in the chair beside her, or strapped into one of their booster chairs. She reminds me to feed her after almost every bite. She loves to give her a bottle, burp her and then cuddle with her. Since she has so many dolls, the one with the green outfit has become "Kyran's Baby Autumn", and she wants him to do the same!

What a considerate little girl!




1 comment:

Grandmommy said...

So good to see them playing on the toys! Beautiful pics, of course it is a bit easier to take beautiful pics of beautiful children!! : )Love you all!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX