Friday, February 4, 2011

New Venture

It's hard to believe it's February already!  Although I'm ready for spring and warmer weather, I hate how quickly time is flying and my kids are growing up.  It's such a bittersweet feeling every time they do or say something new.  I love that they are so smart, but it just reminds me more and more that they are no longer babies.

As the kids have grown and gotten more independent, I've taken on more volunteer work, and a couple of paying clients as well.  Right now, I coordinate the women's ministry and do a lot of the communications and publicity for our church.  The women's ministry is really taking off, and I just love the women on my team and at the church!  I also serve on the Alumni Society for my journalism school, the PTO of a local Christian school that some of my friends' kids attend, and help out with committees for the mother of twins club to which I belong.  This summer, I am planning to run for newsletter editor of the club, which brings with it a lot of other responsibility. 

My paying work includes creating real estate fliers for a commercial real estate company, and I've recently started doing marketing for a local catering company.

As if I'm not busy enough already, I'm taking on a new venture.  As the kids grow and need more (we are starting to think about preschool, lessons and sports), I've decided that I need a way to bring more money into the household.  My friends and loyal readers know that I used to be a work-a-holic.  There was no way I was ever going to be a stay-at-home mom.  As we know, our plans and God's don't always line up!

Since becoming a stay-at-home mom, I can't imagine going back, and I'm glad that I've found an opportunity that will allow me to continue to stay home, although it is very different than anything I ever imagined I'd be doing.  In 6 short years, I've gone from doing public relations for a professional sports team to.....

Selling jewelry.  That's right, I've decided to become an independent distributor for Premier Designs Jewelry.  I'm not much of a jewelry wearer, but I love the products, and I believe in the company.  I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited about this venture.  I love that I can work around our family's schedule and that it will give me some regular adult interaction as well. 

If any of my readers want lots of free jewelry, and are interested in hosting a show, please let me know.  (I promise this blog is not going to be a constant plug for this venture, but it is a big decision for our family and I wanted to let you all know about it.)

To prove it's still about the kids, here are some recent pictures of my loves!





If you're wondering why so many pictures are of them in their high chairs, it's because they don't usually sit still for long enough for me to get good pictures any other time!


No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX