Here are some more of the wonderful, amazing things my children are doing that I don't ever want to forget!
1. Last week, Kyran was so tired that he actually walked to the stairs saying, "Go night night, go night night." He also has, a couple of times, turned over in my arms at bedtime, reached for his crib and said, "I want to go to bed." Karyssa has done this before, but now she's in her "I don't ever want to go to bed" stage.
2. Karyssa is one stubborn little girl! When she doesn't want to do something, it is very hard to make her. If she's in our arms, and doesn't want to get put down, she'll put a Kung-Fu leg grip on us. It's sweet and frustrating at the same time. Also, if she doesn't want to sit in her high chair, she'll put her legs up horizontal with the tray, so that we almost have to put her in upside down.
3. Most mornings, I wake up to the sound of Kyran saying, "Wake up, Karyssa, wake up. Get up, Karyssa," or some other way of him trying to wake her up. If she wakes up first, she'll do the same thing, but that is rare.
4. No matter when I put them down for a nap, they play for at least an hour before they fall asleep. They sing songs, call out people's names and just do random things to make each other laugh. It's so cool to hear what a bond they're creating, even if they are supposed to be sleeping!
5. I've mentioned this a few times before, but I just love that Karyssa wants to put her arm around us. On a few occasions, she has sat with her arm around me for an entire 30-minute TV show! Kyran does it occasionally, but not as much as Karyssa.
6. The day before Autumn was born, we went out to rescue Alison and her mom, Nancy, because Alison's car had broken down. Nancy had a mug that looked like a sippy cup, so they formed the "Sippy Cup Club." It had been at least two months since they had seen Nancy, but when Kyran saw her the other day, he pointed right to her and said, "Sippy cup." What memories they have!
7. Karyssa had a "great memory" moment yesterday. I put a sweater on her that she hasn't worn in a couple of months and she said, "Where my hat go?". That's right, the sweater had a matching hat, and she remembered it!
8. Every night, we read a book, pray and sing "Rock-a-Bye Baby" to the kids, while we rock them in our arms. When I was growing up, my mom changed the last line of the song for us. Instead of singing "And down will come baby, cradle and all", we sing "But Mommy will catch it, baby and all." Jason, not to be outdone by "mommy" started singing "But Daddy will catch it". They fill in most of the words to the song, including that line. Now, whenever we're singing it to Karyssa, she will use the opposite name of whoever is holding her, and giggle. She knows exactly what she's doing, and she thinks it's hilarious!
9. Recently, they like to walk to the stroller or cart when we get them out of the car. (This is a great way to get Karyssa to keep her shoes on, because if she doesn't have shoes, she has to be carried!) Yesterday, at home, I took Karyssa out and put her down in the garage. She started saying, "I'm coming, Kyran," and running around the car. When I got him out and put him down, she said, "Hold my hand," and grabbed his hand to lead him inside. When they got to the little step up into the kitchen, she helped him up. I try not to encourage her to do things for him, or help him too much, but I will admit that I got tears in my eyes watching that moment.
10. This weekend, Kyran was playing with the toy food that Grandmommy got for their kitchen. He pointed to a piece and said "What's that?". Several moments later, he picked up a piece and said, "What's this?". It amazes me that he has picked up on the difference between "this" and "that" already!
11. They always come up with words and phrases that I'm not even sure where they heard them! Today, Kyran said "I can't reach it," Karyssa was talking about chocolate milk (they've never even had juice, much less chocolate milk), and Kyran said an 8-word phrase, "I want to cuddle Mommy on the pillow." Wow!!
I'm so proud of and amazed by my kids every day! Life is awesome!
3 comments:
I have heard most of these but the one where she helped him up the step I hadn't. Made me cry! So wonderful!!! Love you all!!
Aw! I loved reading all of these. Precious!
#3 is impossibly cute!
Post a Comment