One of the first times I realized this was on the way home from visiting his parents' house for the first time. I had a mixed CD in of some of my favorite songs, and he turned it down to make a phone call. I didn't think he was really listening, but afterwards, he backed the CD up two songs to listen to one that he had missed, saying he loved the song.
The song was Lonestar's My Front Porch Looking In. The theme is a guy who has been all over the world and seen a lot of things, but his favorite thing to see is his family. Here are the lyrics to the chorus:
There's a carrot top who can barely walk
With a sippy cup of milk
A little blue eyed blonde with shoes on wrong
'Cause she likes to dress herself
And the most beautiful girl holding both of them
And the view I love the most
Is my front porch looking in, yeah
Listening to this song, I always imagined a little one-year old boy learning to walk, and a three-year-old girl learning to dress herself. I never dreamed that it would ever apply to my twins...but here we are!
Although Kyran has been walking for several months now, he's still fairly unsteady on his feet, and looks like a beginning walker. Although Karyssa actually unzipped her boots, put on her socks and got the boots on the correct feet the other day, she still does it wrong sometimes.
Wow! I heard that song the other day and almost got tears in my eyes.
Speaking of walking, Kyran walked (almost ran) about 30 yards across my brother's backyard on Saturday. I just stood and watched in amazement! They had a lot of fun meeting Leo for the first time and playing with Marley and KK! My mom has the pictures from that day, so I'll have to post them later.
Speaking of dressing incorrectly, I have heard of people putting their clothes on inside out and backwards, but never backwards and upside-down. How she achieved this, I will never know!
Here they are with some of the teens from church. Do you think Kyran's in heaven with all of those beautiful girls??
Jason spent all weekend with our youth for some time of fun and biblical learning. They all had a great time, but he was definitely missed at home!
No comments:
Post a Comment