Thursday, June 9, 2011

My kids didn't know what to do yesterday morning when they woke up and no friends came over.

Last Thursday, Riley came over to play with them for a few hours while her parents worked.  Then on Friday morning, I got a call from my friend, Jenn, who said that the power was out at Daniel's daycare, so he joined us for the day.  Then on Sunday, my friend, Kelly, asked if I would like for her 10-year-old daughter to come over Monday and Tuesday to help with the kids.  Kelly works nights as a nurse, and it worked out that Allie could help me, and Kelly could get some sleep.  Of course I said yes! 


Riley taught them a new trick...unlocking and locking the sliding glass door.  How did she teach them?  By locking me out when I took Bella out to use the bathroom.  Scary few minutes!



Oh my goodness, Riley!



I love her eyelashes!








Allie on the slide!






Eating a plastic pepper

I promise, Daniel was a lot happier than he looks in this picture!





Friday, I had to go to the grocery store, and it was a different experience with three kids than one.  Daniel is almost 4, and usually very well behaved.  Friday was no exception.  He helped entertain the kids and rode patiently in the cart while we visited not one, but two grocery stores.  The first one we visited suffered the same fate as Daniel's daycare - the power had been out for nine hours - so there was no meat, dairy or frozen foods available.  We visited the second store that had a "car" in the front of the cart.  Daniel and Kyran made a beeline for the car, so I told Karyssa she could sit up front with Mommy like a big girl.  That seemed to make her happy.

Allie was a huge help while she was here, and we even tried to go swimming yesterday.  I'm not sure if it was because the pool was a little cold, or that they're starting to get more fearful of things, but neither of them wanted to get in.  I'm hoping it's the former, because I definitely want them to swim this summer. 

We spent Memorial Day at a friend's house where the kids played in water all day.  They also got very comfortable on the big swing set and climbing up the ladder to the slide.  That made me very nervous!





The zucchini pie I made on Memorial Day.  I am not a cook, but this turned out amazing!

Last weekend, Jason and I had two date nights, going to see the Gamecocks play in the regional baseball games and advance to the Super Regionals.  Go Gamecocks! 



Some other cute pictures...

Grandmommy let them wear their swim hats to bed Saturday night...




They love playing in Bella's crate!


1 comment:

uncle frith said...

Next time she comes over, I'll get Riley to teach them another trick...

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX