Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

What a difference three years makes.  Thanksgiving 2008 was not a great one.  Yes, I was happy that my babies had not been born yet, but I hated the hospital. I hated being bored.  I hated being alone.  I hated laying on my side 24 hours a day.  I hated the insulin injections.  I hated everything.  The thing is, though, that I did it, knowing that something great was coming, but never dreaming how great it would actually be. 

This year, I have two healthy, amazing kids who are almost three years old.  They are smart and inquisitive, fun and funny, and just plain adorable.  Last night, they didn't want to go to sleep.  Instead, they played together (much like they do every day during nap time).  They love to act out scenarios and story lines from their favorite shows and movies.  Jason and I stopped watching TV for a while just to listen to them.  We are so blessed. 

I have so much to be thankful for.  Right now, I'm listening to Jason watch the parade with the kids.  They are going wild over every balloon, every dance, every marching band. 

I love being a mommy.  Every day.  But holidays really make me realize how much.  I love seeing things from my children's eyes and making memories that will last forever.  Today, I'm looking forward to some delicious food, some good football games (go Dolphins and Lions) and a first birthday celebration for sweet Autumn.  But for now, I'm going to watch the parade with my family.

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX