Thursday, April 9, 2015

10 Months Old!



Gemma is now 10 months (and one week) old! Only two more months until her first birthday...so hard to believe! She has now been in 8 states and Washington D.C. after our recent trip, but I'll post more about that soon. There are just so many Gemma updates first!

Gemma has now said Mama (once), dada, ball, bye-bye, and Bella. She makes lots of other noises, but nothing we can make out as clearly as those. The letter B seems to be her favorite. She also occasionally signs "more".

She is still eating mostly baby food, but also loves bread, Lil Crunchies, yogurt, oranges, millet (new to us in NY), rice, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting. Of course, she will try to eat paper, plastic, and anything else she can get in her mouth.

She still only has those two front teeth that came in at 7 months. We keep waiting for more, but haven't seen signs of any yet.

In the last two weeks, she has completely stopped army crawling and now gets around everywhere on all fours. She also likes to push herself up on her hands and feet. I think she's trying to stand. Just yesterday, she pulled up for the first time, using my hands for support.

She loves to make people laugh. Her most recent game is to scrunch up her nose and breathe in and out of it very quickly.

She is also quickly learning what "no" means, but sometimes likes to stop, smile at me, and keep doing what she was doing. I can tell the teenage years will be lots of fun with this one!

She still just loves to be outside. In 10 months, I don't think she has ever needed a pacifier while we were outside.

Speaking of the pacifier, she only has it now in the crib and in the car. Our plan is to do like we did with Karyssa and take if from her around 1 year old. I'll probably start attempting naps without it next month.

This is really the time that her personality is shining through and I just love watching her grow every day!

A few of Gemma's many smiles!




No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX