So, even though it's not a national day to blog about a preemie I love, I'm going to anyway.
I love Gemma for her big smile that can light up a room. While she smiles a lot, that big one is reserved for special people or really funny things. I love how she starts laughing when she just sees a picture of Kyran or Karyssa. I love her big, round brown eyes and the happy look she gives me right after she finishes nursing. The one that says, "I'm so satisfied and happy right now". I love how when she's really tired, she squirms to get into her crib and then nestles down into the mattress like she's so relieved to be in her bed. (It reminds me of myself after a long day.) I love her for her curiosity and need to touch everything. I love her for her lack of fear of anything. I love her mischevious grin and the way she raises one eyebrow. I love her easy-going nature. I love how she can adapt to any environment. I love how she can make everyone around her smile. I think most of all, I love her funny personality.
I've mentioned before that she will scrunch up her nose and breathe in and out of it. She's not doing that as much, but still loves the "call and response" type games. One day, a few months ago when she was crying, I started patting her mouth to get the native american war chant sound...you know the one. She immediately started laughing and after that, would start to say "aaahh" whenever I put my hand in front of her face. She also quickly learned to use her own fist to get the same effect. She still likes to do that, and loves it when we make those sounds too.
She has recently started making kiss noises and clucking her tongue, wanting us to do the same.
She is usually pretty stingy with her kisses, but occasionally she will lean toward us with her mouth wide open and plant several big kisses in a row right on our lips. This is such a treat and she knows it. Sometimes she will let us kiss her, and other times she will push us away. She thinks this is funny too!
I often say that Karyssa and Kyran are the silliest kids on the planet, but I don't remember them being as silly as early. I think she has learned so much of her silliness from them.
Gemma has several words now. She says mama, dada, bye-bye, ball, ka (for Kyran and Karyssa), and has said Bella and more once each. She loves to wave, too! It started with her whole arm going up and down and now she has mastered the finger wave. Sometimes she does it forward, but most of the time she does it towards herself.
She is now pulling up on everything, and has started cruising a little too. She can even go from the music table to the coffee table. She does tend to get "stuck" because she can't sit back down gracefully yet. Twice today I had to "rescue" her when she stood up in her crib and couldn't get back down. Her crawling is getting very fast, too! I just can't believe how quickly she's growing up right before my eyes.
I love this sweet, funny girl for so many reasons, and can't wait to see how much more her personality grows while she does!
No comments:
Post a Comment