Monday, March 30, 2009

2:00 a.m. on Saturday:

Jason (holding Karyssa) - "Do you think she has any idea how precious she is?"
Me - "No way, because if she did, we'd be in big trouble!"

Don't get me wrong, we love our little man. He is the cutest baby boy we've ever known, and we could cuddle with him and kiss his chubby cheeks forever. But we'll save him for another day.

Karyssa is stunning. Seriously, she makes eye contact like an adult - actually better than an adult, because there is no point where she gets uncomfortable and feels the need to look away. She just stares at you with those big brown (as far as we can tell) eyes and draws you into a whole other world.

When you pick her up, she takes hold of anything within her grasp, as if pleading, "Please, don't ever let me go." This can be my clothes, hair or face, but even if it hurts, it's one of the best feelings I've ever known.

I've never known a more alert baby. She is so aware of everything that's going on around her. You can just tell by the look in her eyes that she is thinking things way beyond her age, corrected or actual. I think that thinking may have gotten us in trouble.

1:30 a.m. Monday

Me - "I think she figured it out."
Jason - "I think so too."

Our once calm and laid back little girl has learned that she is irresistable. Her panic-stricken cry is enough to frazzle our brains and melt our hearts at the same time. I did catch her once today, lying in bed, wide awake and not crying, just like she used to, but for the most part, if she is awake, she has begun to make it well known that she wants to be picked up.

We're trying not to spoil her, because if we spoil her, we'll want to spoil Kyran and two spoiled babies are more than this mom would be able to take.

They had us hooked from birth, but the more their little personalities begin to show, the further and further their hooks sink into us and the more we know - we're in big trouble! :)

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX