Thursday, April 2, 2009

If Karyssa is the queen of making you feel needed, Kyran is the master of making you feel loved.

In the past few days, he has gotten much better with his eye contact and smiles more often in response to my smiles. He has also gotten more laid back recently. That is not to say, though, that he doesn't still get angry.

When Kyran cries, it's an event. He holds his breath until he starts to turn blue, and then lets out the loudest cry I've ever heard from a baby. He drags that cry out until he has no breath left in him...puttering out in little sobs until he has to take a breath and then he repeats the whole cycle. He cries so hard he starts sweating. He also, unlike Karyssa, cries real tears. This morning, as I picked him up to get him ready to eat, I kissed his cheek and tasted one of his salty tears. While I don't like that he's angry enough to cry, I love having another sensation to remember!

The thing about Kyran though, is that no matter how angry he is, as soon as I pick him up, he stops crying and leans his entire body weight on my chest and his head on my shoulder. Now, his entire body weight is only about 10 pounds now, but compared to how he started, this feels like a big bear hug! I don't know that I've ever felt so loved.

Yesterday, as I was feeding Karyssa, I was talking to Kyran and smiling at him. Several times he smiled right back at me, and the last time, I was able to catch it on my camera phone! Our little man is so perfect!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is precious!

I am so happy that they are both doing so well. Miracles indeed!

We will definitely have to get our little ones together one day!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to give them both a huge kiss when i get there Friday!!!! In the meantime, give them one for me!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX